CS614 Assignment Solution 1
Semester Fall 2020
|Total Marks: 20 |
Due Date: 26-11-2020
CS614 Assignment Solution 1 Objective:
This assignment has been designed to develop your ability to apply De-Normalization Techniques and principles to De-Normalize data/tables.
Please read the following instructions carefully before solving & submitting the assignment:
1. The assignment will not accept after due date.
2. Zero marks will be awarded to the assignment that does not open or the file is corrupt.
3. The assignment file must be an MS Word (.doc) file format; Assignment will not be accepted in any other format.
4. Zero marks will be awarded to the assignment if copied (from other students, internet or any source).
5. Zero marks will be awarded to the assignment if the Student ID is not mentioned in the assignment file.
For any query about the assignment, contact only at CS614@vu.edu.pk
So, Please do not post queries related to assignment on MDB.
Note: CS614 Assignment 1 covers lectures 1-9.
|Question 1 (Marks 10) |
Consider the following part of an ERD of a Product Inventory System.
So,Which de-normalization technique will be used for the given ERD part? You are required to mention the name of the technique, apply this technique on the given ERD and provide the resultant de-normalized table.
Question 2 (Marks 10)
Consider the following information about two tables: Master and Detail.
Header size: = 30 Bytes
Number of records: = 50000
Header size: = 50 Bytes
Number of records: = 30000000 Bytes
So, Suppose you have applied the pre-joining De-normalization technique on given tables. You are now require to calculate the size of resultant table in Gigabytes (GB). The reference column in these two tables is of 8 bytes.
Hint: Therefore number of records in De-normalize table will 30000000.
Note: Deadline for assignment submission is 26 November 2020. So Submit On Time
CS614 Assignment Solution 1 Solution File : Download Here